Chapter-1 Difference between Radio, Television and online reporting and production
• Historical difference
• Practical difference
• Regulatory difference
• Social media (structured or Unstructured a big challenge
• CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting)
Lecture-1 Understanding: Radio, TV, Social media writing structure and regulatory difference
Chapter-2 Online Media vs. Traditional Media
• Why Television is dominant media across the globe
• Coverage pattern of Public sector Broadcasting (PTV, BBC World, VOA, CRI, ABC,CBC live streaming news reporting) Versus, CNN, FOX, ALJEZIRA, PTV, INDIAN MEDIA OUTLETS.
• Private channels in Pakistan Vs Privative channels in USA, Europe and
• Only short clip from four selected
Chapter-3: Setting story Angle
• Student analyze the coverage of story on different issues aired by different channels
• Stories includes US withdrawal from Afghanistan and implications for Pakistan, Taliban Come back, Balkanization of Arab Word, Afghanistan and Africa
• US agenda for south Asia
• India-Pakistan conflict on Kashmir (Revocation of Article 370)
Tested guidelines of TV script writing for TV Broadcast?
(One sentence one idea formula)
• Dissemination of information to spread population and satisfy their need. Why and How? (Understanding Uses and Gratifications)
• Building a News Script for Either Hard News or Features
(Tone, pace, length and mood)
Chapter-5: Script Writing (continue) script formats and production
• • Setting story angle using different camera angles.
• Understanding MOS production as hidden message
Chapter-6 Production Process
• Production Process
• Post production
Chapter-7: Documentary production
• Types of Documentaries
• News versus Documentary
• Feature Versus Drama
• Hard news Versus soft news
• Flash, Breaking News and In-depth news Reporting
Chapter-8 : Political Cinema • (Exclusive v v v important)
• Student will analyze the different aspect of propaganda used in Non-fictional claimed documentary.
• Energy War
• Beneath the Veil (A 2001, Dispatches reported by Saira Shah who went undercover in Afghanistan to film the medieval barbarity the Taliban wanted to keep hidden
• Secret Pakistan
• Don’t Tell my mother I am in Pakistan…any
(Mid term Exam) STUDENTS WILL BE GIVEN ASSIGNMENTS, REFLECTION PAPER OF LECTURE, QUIZES AND MID TERM PPT. (EACH STUDENT WILL PREPARE PRESESENTION ON GIVEN TOPIC AS PER INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY TEACHER.
Chapter-9: Understanding Media Bias.
• Practice, editorial policy, and legal issues.
• Detect Bias in News Stories
• Labelling in News stories.
• Impact on viewers.
Video clips includes; 'The War of waste (Iraq and Afghan War. 2. Energy War, 3.covid-19 and conspiracy Theory . 4. Article 370 and Kashmir
Chapter-10: Understanding modern techniques of TV Production. News Room Culture
• Producing current affairs programmes, Sitcom, procedural Drama and Standalone Drama
• INEP (International news exchange programme and use of CAR (computer assisted and social media content in programmes
• (Legalities Issue and credits)
• New wave of Contemporary drama production
Chapter-11: Drama and short film production
• Elements of TV production
• (Literary Design to Post production Stage)
• Different steps for creating an idea for story telling with identifying their creative skill through exercise.
(A comprehensive detail of production ingredients: From Literary design to visual design Presentation by Instructor. (live session) Recording will also be shared
Chapter-12: Interview techniques (Style and structure)
• Hard exposure interview
• The information interview
• Emotional interview
IBA (International Broadcasting Associations Rules)
Chapter-13 (student Presentation on Given Topics)
Assignments evaluation and discussion on allocated tasks
Chapter-14: Proposal writing for TV programme.
How to write an effective Proposal for starting a new TV programme.
Complete format will be provided to students
Chapter-15 : Allocation of project
Student will produce programme of their choice from the following programme formats (After the approval of proposal submitted to instructor)
• PREPARATION OF CURTAIN RAISER (5 to 7 minute)
• DOCUMENTARY ((7 to 10 minutes)
• TV PACKAGE/ (REPORT (7 to 10 minutes)
• TRAVEL SHOW (7 to 10 minutes)
• VNR FOR TV (Maximum 5 minutes)
• , NEWS BULLETION (5 minutes, Including Headlines, cover at least 7 stories)
• PROMOs (3 Promos. Each of 30 second to 1 minutes)
• (Special days programme) Programme Hosting, PSM, (on students choice)
Chapter-16: FINAL TERM EXAM
EVALUATION OF PROJECT AND VIVA VOCE EXAM